Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP & MAC BINDING FUNCTION NEEDED.

Hi Dev team,

Can you please include this function 'IP & MAC address binding" in firmware? I find it hard to believe this function is not available in firmware
    My current firmware version is V15.03.1.20_multi. Yes, I'm from Malaysia. this is firmware is specially created for Malaysia market.

I like this router.. it is very user friendly. love the QOS control. but it has 1 big flaw which irritates me all the time
    the QOS is extremely unstable when comes to saving assigning IP wireless devices because as wireless devices come and go very ofter, their ip changed everytime they login back and router will reassign them IP dynamically. when this Ip was assigned, router will reset the bandwidth to unlimited. I had to reallocate the bandwidth again to that device everytime.
    This is where IP & MAC address binding function comes in but this model AC15 or firmware version is lacking of this ability. why is that? this is a very important function. you included an IP block function but not IP bind function?

I saw in your AC18 router simulator has this function DHCP Reservation tab, which is the function i'm looking for. And the AC10U has a different bandwidth control function which can bind IP on the spot. which ever function is needed in AC15 firmware.

I know i'm the only guy in AC series thread but hope you guys can fix this as soon as possible.
    Last edited by ryuujin; 08-03-2018, 09:10 AM.

Hello Dear customer

Sorry to tell you that this firmware does not support IP&MAC address binding.

Because firmware for Malaysia is customized. So far we do not have plan to release a new firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Ye View Post
      Hello Dear customer

Sorry to tell you that this firmware does not support IP&MAC address binding.

Because firmware for Malaysia is customized. So far we do not have plan to release a new firmware.
      so what is the point you release a firmware which have bandwidth control but it doesn't support IP&MAC address binding (DHCP)? Right now all the login devices (wireless) IP are being reset automatically back to unlimited bandwidth everytime they come online..I had to run setup bandwidth control again to allocate bandwidth EVERYDAY!!!

IT IS CERTAIN THIS IS A BUG IN FIRMWARE

Comment

hello Dear customer

Sorry for that. We will report this to PM and give feedback to you once we have further information.

Comment

Working...
        X