Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with AC10, but no AC10 section!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with AC10, but no AC10 section!

Hello, I've just bought 2 AC10's to use as AP points (in reality wireless switches). The main router is an old D-link router which has disabled wi-fi. I want to use the Tenda's in my children's bedrooms because I can then easily turn off wifi in their rooms when I like, via the wifi on/off button or via the app. However, there are several problems:

Problem 1) How does the wifi on/off button work? Mine makes no change when the button is pressed!

Problem 2 - AP mode) I can set things up in AP mode ok. I would like to make further settings changes on the fly via the Tenda app. However the app can't connect to the router when it is in AP mode! Please fix this!

Problem 3 - Router Mode) In order to use the functionality of the app, I reset the tenda router and tried manually turning the router into a wireless switch/AP. I plug the lan cable from the first router into lan 1 of the Tenda router, disable DHCP server and set up an IP for the lan on the AC10. I can now use the other lan ports for wired internet and the wireless is extended - great! I can also access the router config via the new lan address - good. However, the status page has nothing on about it except that the wan port is not connected to the internet. The Internet settings page has the same. Not great, but not a deal breaker. However, when I now try to access the router from the Tenda app, it won't connect, even though the router is in router mode! In fact, now the app can't even find the wireless signal coming from the AC10, even though several phones and computers are connecting to the internet through the signal. The router in router mode doesn't seem to be accessible via the app when the wan port is not connected to the internet!

Please help me with problem 1 - I'm sure it's simple!
    Problems 2 and 3 - I need to either be able to access the Tenda app to change settings when the router is in AP mode, or make the router mode fully manually adjustable and the app tighter so it can link to the router even if the wan port is not being used. A firmware fix or possibly something on the app side?

One more thing - I bought the AC10's with the vendor saying the firmware was UK version. However, the firmware is V02.03.01.25_cn .... will I be able to update that with an English Language firmware?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Sir Caramel; 09-27-2018, 04:54 AM.

Dear sir,

Where you bought it from ?

BR!

Comment

Originally posted by Carina Lee View Post
      Dear sir,

Where you bought it from ?

BR!
      Is there something wrong with this model? I bought it at Aliexpress.

Comment

Dear sir,

Strictly speaking, The AliExpress sales the production of Tenda is Chinese version which means it can not used oversea and we can not provide any after-sale service for you .This transaction is equivalent to tax evasion so we are not responsible for this website . For your situation , First i recommended that you enable the Parents Control option and limit the schedule for your own need ,Secondly ,You can not upgrade any English firmware version to your router because it is not compatible with different version .You can try to obtain some information from the Chinese official website of Tenda .Thank you .

BR!

Comment

Originally posted by Carina Lee View Post
          Dear sir,

Strictly speaking, The AliExpress sales the production of Tenda is Chinese version which means it can not used oversea and we can not provide any after-sale service for you .This transaction is equivalent to tax evasion so we are not responsible for this website . For your situation , First i recommended that you enable the Parents Control option and limit the schedule for your own need ,Secondly ,You can not upgrade any English firmware version to your router because it is not compatible with different version .You can try to obtain some information from the Chinese official website of Tenda .Thank you .

BR!
          Hello. Thank you for your reply. So where can I buy an overseas-compliant version? If the seller is evading tax on your product, can you not stop them selling them?

Comment

Dear sir,

where are you from ? I will send you the sale manager of your country , you can ask for the store location .

BR!

Comment

Working...
            X