Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHCP on MW6 enabled in bridge mode

Hi,

I am having a problem with duplicate ip addresses on my network. After going through the initial setup in bridge mode everything is running fine and all the mesh cubes are getting their ip addresses from my router's dhcp server. After a while, I assume when the dhcp lease time expires, the cubes are getting ip addresses from outside my configured dhcp ip range. I suspect that the MW6 has a dhcp server running, although it is running in bridge mode. Can you please let me know how to correct this? I have reset all the cubes and started from scratch again but the problem came back.

Thanks,

Moeilijkteonthouden

A check confirms that there is indeed a dhcp server running on the primary mw6 cube (with ip address 192.168.10.191):

Code:
    root@linux:~# nmap -sU -p 67 --script=dhcp-discover 192.168.10.191

Starting Nmap 7.40 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2018-08-07 20:50 CEST
    Nmap scan report for 192.168.10.191
    Host is up (0.0018s latency).
    PORT   STATE SERVICE
    67/udp open  dhcps
    | dhcp-discover: 
    |   DHCP Message Type: DHCPACK
    |   Server Identifier: 192.168.10.191
    |   IP Address Lease Time: 23h57m36s
    |   Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    |   Broadcast Address: 192.168.10.255
    |   Router: 192.168.10.1
    |   Domain Name Server: 192.168.10.1
    |_  Domain Name: tendawifi.com
    MAC Address: CC:2D:21:XX:XX:XX (Tenda Technology,Ltd.Dongguan branch)

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.99 seconds
    Can you please tell me how I can disable this dhcp service? Having 2 dhcp servers on the same network can lead to unexpected behaviour.

Comment

Hi

We want to focus on your problem, would you please send your issue to yehankun@tenda.cn

Thank you

Comment

Hi, having the same Problem yet. Can you help? Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Ye View Post
          Hi

We want to focus on your problem, would you please send your issue to yehankun@tenda.cn

Thank you

the first warning of the bug in bridge mode of the dhcp duplicate problem is from 07/08, were you still not able to solve it after 2 months?

Weak support and engineering

Comment

Hi,

I was the topic starter and I have contacted Tenda support (yehankun@tenda.cn) on August 12th with additional information but unfortunately I did not get a reply. I think I may have found a workaround, I have only seen this problem two times after implementing it over two months ago. This is from my email to Tenda support:

Hi, I was asked to contact you after writing a post on the Tenda forum: http://forum.tendacn.com/forum/main-...in-bridge-mode Since that post, the situation has improved a bit after enabling the dhcp-authoritive option (in dnsmasq) in my openwrt based router. After this change, all mw6 cubes got a dhcp ip address from my dhcp ip range and I could not see a second dhcp service running on any of the cubes. All was fine again until today. I noticed that my internet connection was unavailable, this normally happens once or twice a day because I am using 4G mobile internet and my openwrt based router is configured to reboot itself when the internet is unavailable. After the router was rebooted, I noticed devices with ip adresses from outside my dhcp scope again (for example, the mw6 cube in the office had a 192.168.10.25 ip address now, where my dhcp range is 192.168.10.100-254). So to me it looks like the MW6 will sometimes start handing out dhcp ip addresses when my main router is unavailable. Is this something that can/ is supposed to happen in bridge mode? Thank you very much for your support, let me know if you need any more information. Best Regards,

Comment

Working...
            X